Senior Business Analyst
The Senior Business Analyst is primarily responsible for gathering and leading project requirements from conception through to delivery. Working across multiple project teams, this role will be responsible for all aspects of requirements analysis liaising closely with each project team to ensure that requirements are delivered as expected. Day to day, you will be:
- Analysing and delivering business process initiatives, managing part of large initiatives or all components of small ones.
- Engaging with end users and subject matter experts to identify, develop, document, and validate end user and system requirements.
- Responsible for providing the delivery streams with user stories and coaching to define the acceptance criteria and test cases.
- Collaborating with product owners and business portfolio owners to develop business cases as required
- Consulting with the business and product owners to prioritise and shape the product backlog
- Assisting the project manager with the facilitation of project kick-off activities.
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences as well as stakeholders at all levels
- Outstanding ability to analyse, isolate and interpret business needs and develop appropriate solutions
- Outstanding requirements specification writing/documentation skills
- Ability to operate autonomously with little direction as well as the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated initiative, flexibility and an ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated experience working in Agile ways of working (Scrum, SAFe, Kanban, etc).
- At least 5-7 years of experience in IT, with at least 3 years of professional experience as a Business Analyst
- Tertiary qualifications or industry certifications in an Information Technology, Information Systems, or other related disciplines.
At OES, we are dedicated to maintaining our vibrant & values led culture. Through our commitment to create an inclusive and diverse environment, we encourage candidates of any nationality, age, background, disability and gender identity to apply. OES also recognises the tendency for women and some minority genders to only apply to roles where they meet 100% of the requirements. If you feel aligned to the role and would like to further explore your suitability, we welcome your application and would love to consider your fit for the role at OES.